Founded by Count Oliver of Wurmbrand in the Principality of Liechtenstein, GWS Aurum’s central purpose is to protect the wealth of its clients. As a member of the noble family, the Chairman of GWS Aurum is convinced that future roots in tradition.
The Comital House of Wurmbrand-Stuppach is one of the oldest noble families of Austria. The Counts and Princesses of Wurmbrand-Stuppach were highly decorated advisors to the Habsburg Emperors and ruled the Principality of Wurmbrand-Stuppach until it was mediatised to Austria in 1806.
In 1699 and 1712, Count Johann-Wilhelm of Wurmbrand played a significant role in the acquiring of two counties in the western part of the Austrian Empire: the county of Schellenberg and the county of Vaduz. Both counties were purchased by the Family of Liechtenstein and raised 1719 to today’s Principality of Liechtenstein, where parts of the Wurmbrand family are still based.
Since 1194, the House of Wurmbrand has held a part of their wealth in gold. Today, the management of GWS Aurum still believes that assets are only well-structured with precious metals. Diversification is the foundation of successful investments.
In more than 800 years the world has changed. But gold still remains the same now as it was then: Wealth.